Sunday 6 December 2009

World Cup Draw Reaction : Uruguay

Uruguay coach Washington Tabarez insists their Group is the true group of death. The Uruguayans are in Group A, alongside hosts South Africa, Mexico and France.

Speaking after Fridays draw held in Cape Town the Uruguayan coach insisted "In each World Cup it is said that there is a death group - well, we are in that group. South Africa are the hosts, Mexico and France are very difficult teams. We didn't have any choice, this is what the draw gave to Uruguay and we will have to face it."

"We will have to work very hard and analyse carefully each team and what we will do in each match. Of course, besides that our group must be the most difficult one I am optimistic, I trust in the quality and the character of the Uruguayan players. If I didn't trust in my players I would stay at home."

"In fact, my opinion is that if we start the competition in a difficult group and we get a positive result in it, then maybe what comes later is not so difficult. So I am optimistic regarding what Uruguay has to do in the World Cup."

No comments:

Post a Comment